Farmer's Brunch Casserole OAMC
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
1 2 qt baking dish
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (24 oz bag)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 6 beaten eggs or 1 1/2 cups frozen fat-free liquid egg product
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 2 quart square baking dish.
- arrange potatoes evenly on bottom of dish.
- sprinkle with cheese, ham, green onion.
- in medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish. Freeze.
- on serving day, thaw completely. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 min or until center appears to be set. Let stand 5 min before serving. If you prefer, extra cheese can be sprinkled on top the last 15 min of baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night, because all of the ingrediensts are ones that my family enjoys, but none of them cared for it. They said that they didn't care for all of the textures all in one dish. Some people may like the different textures, but not them, apparently. But, it did turn out to be a beautiful looking casserole. Thanks for posting and letting me try it out!
Really good casserole. I had to make do, using regular potatoes that I precooked slightly then shredded. Also had to sub for the evaporated milk. This really had more taste than I expected. I did, at the last minute, sprinkle on a little bit of Mrs Dash. I made half and froze half. Thanks for posting; we enjoyed and will make again.
see 5 more reviews