Recipe by WI Cheesehead
My version using stuffing instead of bread crumbs or croutons and added vegetables. My family really liked it. If you use ham, reduce the salt.
Top Review by pammyowl
I found it to be too dry, however I did make a few changes so that may be the problem! I used a can of cream of chicken soup, a full can of milk, a dollop of sour cream and added sliced, fresh mushrooms.
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (or a mixture of both) or 3 -4 cups ham (or a mixture of both)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded (or slices, chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -12 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed and precooked slightly or 8 -12 ounces mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted & chopped (optional) or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients, except walnuts, in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart (2.5 L) casserole and sprinkle with walnuts, if using.
- I sometimes mix all the ingredients except for the cheese and the broccoli and layer them in the casserole dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through.