Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another quick supper with teriffic taste! If you like chicken strips try these buttery garlic sauced ones.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cut breasts in 1/2 crosswise,then in strips lenghtwise.
- Mix salt, pepper, oregano,and flour in shallow dish.
- Add chicken pieces, stir to cover.
- Heat butter and oil in lg skillet.
- Add strips, cook and stir until browned.
- Add tomatoes and garlic, cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add basil and lime juice.
- Blend well.
I just made this tonight. I didn't taste much of the butter or the garlic. I could definitely taste the lime & tomatoes though. I also had to cook the chicken in two batches as my large skillet just wasn't big enough. So that slowed things down. Sorry but it just wasn't a keeper for me.
A pretty good recipe overall, but I wish it would have stated that you serve it over pasta or something. It's more of a saucy dish than I expected (I used canned diced tomatoes) Also, I thought the lime was a little overpowering, so I'd tone it down to 1 tablespoon instead of two.
I used chicken tenderloins so they were perfect size for this meal. It was so yummy but took a long time to make enough for my whole family...but the taste was definatly worth it!