1/1 Photo of Chicken & Squash Casserole
Adapted from a recipe in one of my books. This is a great autumn/winter casserole - very tasty and ever so healthy! I've given the directions for cooking in the oven but this can easily be done in a crock pot as well - just follow steps 2 and 3 and fling it all in the crock pot, cooking on low for 8 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 190c.
- 2Chop everything up - the chicken and onion, cube the squash and slice the carrotts. If you're using the cashews chop these up as well.
- 3Using some 1 cal spray (or olive oil if you prefer), brown the chicken and soften the onion, squash and carrot for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer into a casserole dish, add the sage and stock cube. Fill with water until everything is nearly covered.
- 5Cook in the oven for 45mins to an hour or until everything is cooked and tender.
- 6Stir through half the nuts (if using).
- 7Plate up and garnish with remaining nuts.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g