Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe to make with kids while reading the childrens' story, "Chicken Soup With Rice". Not just for kids or cold and flu season, the soup is good year-round, and is full of clean, fresh flavor.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth until boiling.
- Add all ingredients except for chicken, and cook covered on low heat until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken to heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (I usually don't add salt because the broth is salty enough).