1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Suitable for a gluten-free diet. This will warm you up and definitly make you feel better! Adapted from Martha Stewart
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves (whole)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 lbs skinless chicken breasts (with bone, no skin or fat)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 celery ribs (3 more for stock)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth (gluten free)
- 8 ounces parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta, cooked (brown-rice millet noodles)
- 1Make bouquet garni out of cheesecloth. Bundle 1st four ingredients tightly into it.
- 2Combine stock, bouquet garni, chicken, garlic, onion and 3 celery stalks into large pot. Boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at minimum 30 minutes. Remove chicken and allow to cool. Remove chicken from bone and reserve.
- 3With a strainer and more cheesecloth clean the broth by pouring broth through cheesecloth into a bowl, remove onion, celery and debris from broth.
- 4Return broth to rinsed out pot and add parsnips and fresh celery. Simmer covered until parsnips and celery are tender.
- 5Add carrots and chicken to the pot and cook until carrots are tender. 15 minutes or so.
- 6Discard bouquet garni. Ladle noodles into serving bowl and cover with soup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup With Brown Rice-Millet Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 1632.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 67.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: