Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
We eat a lot of chicken and this recipe ranks right up there with the best of them!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 slice lemon (thin slice)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; pound chicken thin and coat in flour mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add chicken and garlic.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Remove garlic and reduce heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and lemon.
- Combine wine and water and add 1/3 of it to pan; cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Add remaining wine/water as needed to keep sauce simmering.