Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned & seeded
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted & sliced
- Pound chicken slightly to flatten into even thickness.
- Dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken (in batches if necessary) and saute on both sides until well browned.
- Add orange juice, wine, mushrooms, parsley, orange peel and rosemary and bring to simmer.
- Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to heated serving platter using slotted spoon.
- Add vinegar to skillet and continue simmering, scraping up any browned bits, until sauce is reduced by 1/3.
- Pour sauce over chicken, garnish with orange sections and avocado slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with a simple spinach salad, desert, bread, and a dry Chenin Blanc.