Another recipe from Rachael Ray! I changed it around a little to make it easier for me. This is easy and really tasty! Plus it is colorful and pretty. Doug liked the chicken, but wasn’t too crazy about the peanut sauce on the veggies. Garnish with cucumber and orange slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange, zest of (only the orange part, no white)
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 lbs chicken breast tenders, 2 packages, sliced on an angle into bite-size pieces (8 tenders)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced (green is okay too, but red would be prettier)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 scallions, cut on an angle into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup snow peas, a couple of handfuls (regular peas are fine too)
- 1Combine zest, water and rice in rice cooker. Set to cook. It will be done about the same time as the stir fry if you do this step first.
- 2For stir-fry, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and onion, stir-fry 3 minutes. Add remaining veggies and stir-fry 5 minutes more.
- 3Combine all ingredients for sauce together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring the sauce until all ingredients are combined. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir well to combine.
- 4Combine the sauce with the chicken and vegetables and serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Satay With Orange Scented Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 647.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of