Recipe by dicentra
Another recipe from Rachael Ray! I changed it around a little to make it easier for me. This is easy and really tasty! Plus it is colorful and pretty. Doug liked the chicken, but wasn’t too crazy about the peanut sauce on the veggies. Garnish with cucumber and orange slices.
Top Review by IrishEyes.NYC
The perfect combination of sweet, spice, and heat - a real winner, and there are some mighty picky eaters in our house! Substitutions made to use what was on hand: 2 Tbs. dried orange peel for zest of 1 orange in the rice; 1/8 tsp garlic powder for garlic cloves; 1 tsp onion powder for onion; 9 baby carrots, sliced for shredded carrot in the stir fry; 1 tsp ground ginger for the grated ginger root; a dash of garlic powder for the garlic clove in the satay sauce. Used brown jasmine rice instead of white and cooked for 35-40 minutes as directed on package. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups water
- 1 orange, zest of (only the orange part, no white)
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2-1 3⁄4 lbs chicken breast tenders, 2 packages, sliced on an angle into bite-size pieces (8 tenders)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced (green is okay too, but red would be prettier)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 scallions, cut on an angle into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup snow peas, a couple of handfuls (regular peas are fine too)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 inch gingerroot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine zest, water and rice in rice cooker. Set to cook. It will be done about the same time as the stir fry if you do this step first.
- For stir-fry, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and onion, stir-fry 3 minutes. Add remaining veggies and stir-fry 5 minutes more.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring the sauce until all ingredients are combined. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir well to combine.
- Combine the sauce with the chicken and vegetables and serve over hot rice.