Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic Thai dish. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinate time.
Make and share this Chicken Satay recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 8 inch bamboo skewers
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
- Place in heavy-dut zip-top plastic bag.
- Stir together coconut milk and next 8 ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and shake to cover.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour while chicken marinates.
- Thread 2 to 3 chicken pieces onto each skewer.
- Grill over medium-high heat (350°F) 2 to 3 minutes on each side until done.
- Serve with Peanut sauce.
- For Peanut Sauce: Cook first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Process mixture in food processor until smooth.
- Return to pan.
- Whisk in milk and lemon rind.
I was wanting to try something new and I did and enjoyed it Thank you for sharing.. Karen Very easy to make the taste was wounderful make you wish it would not end ...
I made a triple batch for a big party. Even though we had tons of leftovers, these were gone half-way through the evening.
This was very tasty! The peanut sauce was especially delicious on the coconut jasmine rice that a I made to accompany the dish. I made several substitutions including using chicken thighs for the breast, green onions for the lemon grass, creamy instead of crunchy peanut butter and gluten free soy sauce in lieu of the fish sauce. It was all delicious and the chicken was very tender. The marinade made alot more than was needed though.