Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A classic Thai dish. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinate time.
Make and share this Chicken Satay recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 8 inch bamboo skewers
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
- Place in heavy-dut zip-top plastic bag.
- Stir together coconut milk and next 8 ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and shake to cover.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour while chicken marinates.
- Thread 2 to 3 chicken pieces onto each skewer.
- Grill over medium-high heat (350°F) 2 to 3 minutes on each side until done.
- Serve with Peanut sauce.
- For Peanut Sauce: Cook first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Process mixture in food processor until smooth.
- Return to pan.
- Whisk in milk and lemon rind.