Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Threw this together the other day for lunch, with things I had on hand. To my suprise, even my picky husband liked this and asked when I could make it again.
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) candiced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (I used Kraft)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped meduim fine
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup diced onion (any variety)
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- Combine all ingredients except pita bread in medium sized bowl.
- Cut pita pocket rounds in half and stuff with prepared mixture.
- Left over chicken salad stores well for left-overs.