Fresh Fruit Salad Pita
My mom is a fruit and yogurt lover. I make these for her when she comes to visit. This recipe makes a lot and I eat the fruit by itself sometimes. It makes a nice light, refresing lunch or snack. From Doe's Pita Place, Charleston, South Carolina.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 large oranges, peeled,sectioned,and coarsely chopped
- 2 large apples, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 12 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 7 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 1/2 cup fruit mixture into each pita half.
- Evenly divided yogurt and spoon over fruit mixture inside the pita.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
mmm a lovely mix of fruit , had to leave out the grapes, the only thing i didn't have in to make it. I did cut the brown sugar to 2 teaspoons and made it into a wrap instead of a pita. I will definately use a pita next time, a wrap is quite messy to eat :) ! thanks for posting, i will make it again.Reply