1/4 Photos of Chicken Salad and Avocado Sandwich
I love chicken salad and I love avocado, so I figured I might as well put them together. Oops! Fixed mistake on mayo amount May 2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canned diced jalapeno
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (less if table salt)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (more or less, to bind salad)
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, for bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 romaine leaves
- 1Chop cooked chicken into 1/4-inch cubes and place in medium bowl.
- 2Add pecans, celery, red onion, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, jalapeño and salt. Then add just enough mayonnaise to bind salad together.
- 3Stir to combine and adjust seasoning as desired.
- 4Spread mayonnaise or Dijon mustard on the bread, mash half a avocado on each sandwich and top with provolone and romaine.
- 5On other half of each sandwich add the chicken salad, then put the two halves together and enjoy!
- 7To prepare the cooked chicken, try cooking them in pineapple juice. It gives them a very nice flavor.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad and Avocado Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 975.6
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 1084.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 56.5 g