1/2 Photos of Chicken Roulade With Spinach Feta Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper.
I made this for Valentines Dinner and it was a big hit. I saw some of this recipe on a foodnetwork show(not sure which one) I added a pack of Lipton savoury herb and garlic dip mix to the breadcrumbs,to add a little extra flavour, before frying them off, there recipe called for deep frying before roasting, I fried this one off in a little oil in a skillet, before roasting. It worked really well. The chicken came out moist and juicy, and full of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 7 -8 spinach leaves, about 5/6 per breast depending on the size of chicken and size spinach leaves
- 0.25 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use plain or garlic if preferred)
- Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 8 toothpicks
- salt and black pepper (to season)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Trim off any fat and cut part way through the underside of the chicken to flatten it out slightly.
- 2Put the chicken on top of a piece of cling film, and season each breast with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Then cover with another piece of cling film and pound chicken till it flattens out (not too much it is easy to overdo this) and the seasoning is embedded in the meat.
- 3Take each breast and layer it with the spinach leaves first then the feta and the red pepper.
- 4Fold in the sides of each breast and roll up and secure with tooth picks.
- 5Cover with cling film and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 325°F .
- 7In a large dish big enough to dip the chicken in beat the eggs.
- 8Next to the eggs, use another dish about the same size and combine bread crumbs and garlic dip mix.
- 9Put the oil in a skillet and allow to get hot.
- 10While the oil is heating, take the chicken and first dip into the egg till coated and then into the bread crumbs, making sure all surfaces are covered.
- 11When the oil is hot add the chicken to the skillet, one at a time, and turn using tongs, when each side has become lightly browned. Then place on a baking sheet. Repeat with each breast.
- 12When all the chicken has been browned, place baking sheet, and roast for about 25 minutes or till the internal temperature is 170°F or juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roulade With Spinach Feta Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper.
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 1047.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: