Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Time Life Family Favorites Made Easy recipe card
- 3 tablespoons salt-free seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 4 thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge the chicken pieces in the crumb mixture to coat on both sides.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat.
- Add drained tomatoes, garlic, olives, red pepper and 1/3 cup of tomato liquid. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and discard garlic. Stir in basil. Spoon sauce over cutlets and serve.
Very good and easy to make. I loved the flavor of this dish. I substituted black olives because that's what I had on hand. I will be making this one again! Thanks for sharing.