Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Clipped from the Orlando Sentinel, a good one-dish meal that is also kid friendly.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 14 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (can sub additional chicken broth)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (bone-in, skinless)
- paprika (to dust top of casserole)
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 2 cups uncookoed rice, chicken broth, buttermilk, white wine, mushrooms and salt. Spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Place 3-1/2 pounds bone-in skinless chicken breasts and thighs in dish atop the rice. Sprinkle chicken with paprika. Cover with nonstick foil and bake 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.