1/3 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This recipe is easy and can be doubled, tripled, whatever! It is a quick alternative to pot pie as there is no crust to deal with (I always go for the center anyways)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, cooked with
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrot
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour (I use more because I like it thicker)
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 cups whole milk or 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (I use dehydrated garlic and I use about 1-1/2 t)
- 1To begin, all ingredients should start out cooked (this helps prevent cream base from scorching).
- 2In sauce pan melt margarine or butter.
- 3Blend in flour, chicken bouillon, garlic and pepper.
- 4Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually add milk.
- 5Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture boils, simmer one minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Add chicken and then each vegetable one at a time carefully so as not to break up other ingredients.
- 7Serve in bread bowls or over cornbread.
- 8NOTE: Cook time does not include time for individual ingredients, soup only.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 1098.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g