Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love making this recipe during the cooler months. It is my husbands and my favorite comfort food.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sliced frozen carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 unbaked double pie crust
- Saute' onions in butter in large saucepan over medium heat until transparent.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk and chicken broth.
- Add salt, pepper and sage.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add chicken, carrots, peas and mushrooms; mixing well.
- Spray pie pan with non-stick sooking spray.
- Place pie crust in pan.
- Transfer chicken mixture to pie crust and top with the other pie crust.
- Pinch edges of pie crust together to seal.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
I hate to point this out, but...Where's the chicken? It's not a vegeatrian chicken pot pie, otherwise there wouldn't be chicken stock. I actually liked this recipe other than that. It had everything I wanted...easy to make being the most important.
For my chicken I roasted a chicken and shredded it. I'm making this tonight, but I wanted to point out the lack of actual chicken, whether on purpose or by accident. I'm sure it'll taste pretty good. My guinea pig will tell me if it isn't.