Recipe by AmeriCanHen
My mom used to make this recipe for us as kids. To this day it is very much a comfort food!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Margarine in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Add 1/3 C baking mix, onion, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, milk, dry chicken bouillon. Return to the stove and heat until boiling. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken-cooked and diced and vegetables, heat through. Keep warm over low heat.
- In another bowl mix 1 cup baking mix and 1/4 water until a soft dough forms. Smooth the dough into a ball on a surface floured with baking mix. Knead about 5 times. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle.
- Pour chicken mixture in an ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Place the dough on top, cut two slits on the top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake at 450°F uncovered for about 15 minutes.