Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Still tweaking it
- 2 chicken breasts
- seasoned salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 78.07 ml butter
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chicken base
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 236.59 ml frozen green pea, cooked
- 236.59 ml chopped cooked carrot
- 0.25 ml fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- Bisquick baking mix or pie crust
- Season chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through. Remove from heat and cut into chunks. Alternatively, you may use precooked chicken.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and then slowly add flour, stirring until consistency of peanut butter, but not brown like a roux.
- Slowly add cream and keep stirring.
- Add chicken base, garlic, and onion and stir until thickened.
- Add peas, carrots, nutmeg, if using, and cut up chicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill baking dish with mixture, top with pie crust or bisquick mix.
- Bake 400 for 30 minutes.