Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We love Chicken Piccata at our house and I was excited to find this recipe from Maggiano's restaurant!
- Coat saute pan with oil and heat over medium-high flame.
- pound and season chicken lightly with salt & pepper, dust in flour on both sides.
- add chicken to pan and sautÉ, cook several minutes until browned well, turn and continue cooking until nicely browned and cooked through. remove chicken to warm serving platter.
- deglaze pan with white wine releasing any browned bits that stuck to pan. add chicken broth along with: capers, italian parsley, juice from lemons and butter.
- return chicken to pan and cook briefly in the sauce.
- bring to a simmer and correct seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
A couple years ago my husband worked with a guy from Italy that had invited us over for a meal. He had made, among other things Chicken Piccata - which we both loved. This recipe is very close, if not exactly, what it tasted like. Love it and will make it again! Just to note: I had no way to "pound" the chicken breast so simply cut it thinly horizontally to make thin breast cutlets. It says to cook through after flouring but I just browned them - about 3-4 min per side, took them out to keep warm while I made the sauce in the pan then returned cutlets to cook in the sauce and finish cooking - maybe another 4 minutes or until I got it a bit "thickened" (cheated and added an extra pinch or two of flour to get it there). So yummy and worth the effort to go get the good wine, Italian parsley and juice the real lemons! Thanks for posting this one!