Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are some wonderful posted recipes for basil-pesto! or use the store-bought kind. If you feel up to it bake your own bread!! You can also use just the chicken pesto portion of the recipe and serve as a main dish over pasta.
- 1 lb of chopped grilled chicken breast
- 1 loaf freshly baked French bread
- 1 -3 leaf arugula, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, sliced and cut in half
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon krafts parmesan cheese or 1 -2 tablespoon romano cheese or 1 -2 tablespoon asiago cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Mix the pesto and mayo.
- Cut the bread in half.
- Spread the pesto mayo on the bread.
- Layer the chicken first,then the fresh lettuce, and the tomato wedges.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Note:This sandwich is really good with the fresh veggies but if you want a little more flavor, I sometimes like to do the following.
- In a small pan heat up the olive oil over low heat, add the garlic and the tomato.
- Sprinkle with oregano, basil,parsley and salt.
- Cook the tomato for about 10 minutues.
- Add over the chicken.