Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sauteed chicken and bell peppers in a light and creamy but notably spicy sauce.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in to stir-fry size chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 green bell peppers, julienned
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons good parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces fusilli, cooked al dente
- Heat garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil in large saute pan until fragrant.
- Add onion and bell peppers, and saute over medium heatuntil peppers have wilted.
- Add chicken to pan and brown. When chicken is browned, sprinkle flour on contents of the pan and mix throughout.
- Stir in chicken broth, then milk.
- Cover, and allow mixture to bubble until chicken has cooked through. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add fusilli to mixture, and toss to coat. Reduce heat to low, stir in cilantro, green onions, and fresh ground black pepper, and let mixture cook on low for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. Top with more parmesan cheese or black pepper if desired.