This makes a quick and easy meal. Found this on landolakes.com but changed it ever so slightly. Updated 08/07/06 add 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to the Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) round pre-baked italian prepared pizza crust
- 1/2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch -3/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced pitted black olives
- pimento stuffed olive, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Place pizza crust onto large ungreased baking sheet; set aside.
- 3Place bread crumbs that have been mixed with garlic powder, if using, in resealable plastic food bag; add chicken pieces.
- 4Tightly seal bag.
- 5Turn bag several times to coat chicken well.
- 6Melt butter or margarine or olive oil in a 10" skillet until sizzling; add chicken.
- 7Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink(8-10 min).
- 8Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- 9Top with cooked chicken, mushrooms and black olives.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and pimento-stuffed olive pieces, if using.
- 11Bake for 10-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmigiana Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 468.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust