Prep 18 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a quick and easy meal. Found this on landolakes.com but changed it ever so slightly. Updated 08/07/06 add 1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to the Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- 1 (14 ounce) round pre-baked italian prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch -3/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced pitted black olives
- pimento stuffed olive, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place pizza crust onto large ungreased baking sheet; set aside.
- Place bread crumbs that have been mixed with garlic powder, if using, in resealable plastic food bag; add chicken pieces.
- Tightly seal bag.
- Turn bag several times to coat chicken well.
- Melt butter or margarine or olive oil in a 10" skillet until sizzling; add chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink(8-10 min).
- Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Top with cooked chicken, mushrooms and black olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pimento-stuffed olive pieces, if using.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.