Chicken Parmesan with linguine featured in Parade magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 3/4 cup wine (red or white)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, divided plus (to garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to uniform thinness
- 1Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste on a large plate. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, then dredge them in seasoned flour. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet;keep warm. Add garlic and onion in pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Pour in wine and scrape skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Add 1/8 cup parsley and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- 5Arrange chicken on top of sauce; sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover skillet and simmer until cheese melts and chicken is hot. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup parsley. Put pasta on plates;top with chicken, sauce and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan (Parade Magazine)
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.3
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 659.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 43.3 g