Recipe by Pinay0618
Heavenly! From one of my very favorite cooking blogs, Joelen's Culinary Adventures.
Top Review by Goodeatin
This was very good. I decided to double it since I am feeding 10. I topped it with Awesomely Easy Marinara Sauce (didn't cook it), using 1 c per loaf. This turned out flavorful and moist, just the thing I was looking for to use up some ground chicken I had. Printing this one out for future use.
- 1 lb ground chicken (ground turkey can be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- minced parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. To not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing. Garnish with parsley if desired.