photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 small onion, grated (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line jelly roll pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix beef, eggs, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Place mixture on pan; shape into 8x4 inch loaf.
- Bake until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 160 degrees F, about 55 minutes.
- Spread remaining pizza sauce over meatloaf; sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with pasta and garnish with parsley sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wanted meatloaf, but I didn't want the everyday ordinary meatloaf.(As if anything could ever be wrong with ordinary meatloaf ;) ) So,when I saw the photo of this one I knew it had to be made.So, it was made on 2/11/09 for mine and SO's dinner.Since it was just the two of us,the recipe was cut down to serve just 4. I didn't know how to do just a 1/3 of an egg, so just 1 was used.I didn't have any fresh parsley, so a little over 1/2 teaspoon of dried was used.As for grating the onion I didn't, it was just diced very fine.For the pizza sauce, Recipe#108447 was used.Other than cutting the recipe in half,and the couple of changes to the ingredients the recipe was made as written. I served this over spaghetti and made Recipe#246744 to go with it.My SO said that this could be made again, that's saying something since he doesn't care that much for meatloaf. Thanks for posting and,"Keep Smiling :)"
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!