Chicken Parm Meatloaf
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
Chicken Parm Meatloaf
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Bread Crumb Topping
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley and basil to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup of marinara, bread crumbs, parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the ground chicken and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared sheet pan and shape into an 8x4 inch loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Top with the shredded mozzarella and continue baking for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the panko and garlic powder. Toast, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool several minutes, before stirring in the parmesan, parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the meatloaf with some of the bread crumb mixture and a sprig of basil. Serve remaining bread crumb mixture and more marinara sauce on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I always saute chopped onions, mushrooms and garlic in a little olive oil, then mix that into the meatloaf. Much better flavor than just adding it raw to the meat. I also put mozzarella In the meatloaf itself, so I flatten out the mixture, put good quality muzz in it, then roll it up like a jelly roll and bake it in a loaf pan, topped with marinara and parmesan. makes it first rate