1 hr 57 mins
1 hr 27 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Quick Italian Dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (3 ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Simple Tomato Sauce (use 1 1/2 cups)
- 1Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 3Spoon the tomato or marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Simple Tomato Sauce:.
- 51/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- 61 small onion, chopped.
- 72 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 81 stalk celery, chopped.
- 91 carrot, chopped.
- 10Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 112 (32-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes.
- 124 to 6 basil leaves.
- 132 dried bay leaves.
- 144 tablespoons unsalted butter, optional.
- 15In a large casserole pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add celery and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil, and bay leaves and simmer covered on low heat for 1 hour or until thick. Remove bay leaves and check for seasoning. If sauce still tastes acidic, add unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time to round out the flavors.
- 16Add half the tomato sauce into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Continue with remaining tomato sauce.
- 17If not using all the sauce, allow it to cool completely and pour 1 to 2 cup portions into freezer plastic bags. This will freeze up to 6 months.
- 18Yield: 6 cups.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.3
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 1305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 52.9 g