1/2 Photos of Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
If you haven't tried chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes, I am sorry! You will never go back. It makes a creamy, delicious meal. I always make my Homemade Egg Noodles they really make a difference in the soup, 1 1/2 this recipe as you need more noodles. I also use Mashed Potato Virgin! for the potatoes, cut back a bit on the butter and milk when using in soup because all the liquid already gives it great flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 4 1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 4 -5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, see recipe above
- egg noodles, see recipe above it's what makes the soup or 11 ounces frozen wide egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Bring 6 1/2 c water and chicken broth to a boil, add boullion cubes; dissolve.
- 2Add chicken breasts, cook until no longer pink, remove, let cool then shred.
- 3Skim top of broth to get any foam off top.
- 4Bring to a boil again, add noodles, bring to a med boil again then add veggies.
- 5Cook 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 6Turn heat off add chicken breast and parsley, cover.
- 7Let stand about 10 minutes, S&P to taste, serve over a scoop of mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 914.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 12.3 g