If you haven't tried chicken noodle soup over mashed potatoes, I am sorry! You will never go back. It makes a creamy, delicious meal. I always make my Homemade Egg Noodles they really make a difference in the soup, 1 1/2 this recipe as you need more noodles. I also use Mashed Potato Virgin! for the potatoes, cut back a bit on the butter and milk when using in soup because all the liquid already gives it great flavor. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 4 1⁄4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 4 -5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, see recipe above
- egg noodles, see recipe above it's what makes the soup or 11 ounces frozen wide egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring 6 1/2 c water and chicken broth to a boil, add boullion cubes; dissolve.
- Add chicken breasts, cook until no longer pink, remove, let cool then shred.
- Skim top of broth to get any foam off top.
- Bring to a boil again, add noodles, bring to a med boil again then add veggies.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Turn heat off add chicken breast and parsley, cover.
- Let stand about 10 minutes, S&P to taste, serve over a scoop of mashed potatoes.