Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a yahoo group.
Make and share this Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- Transfer the ingredients from the bowl into a clean small jar. Decorate the jar anyway you wish.
- For the gift tag: Combine this jar of mix and 8 cups of water in a large stockpot. Add two diced carrots, two stalks of diced celery, and a 1/4 cup minced onion.
- Bring to a boil. Cover the soup and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Stir in 3 Cups of diced leftover chicken and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Add salt if needed. Serve with crackers.