Recipe by MizzNezz
True comfort food!
Top Review by Malriah
Yummmmmmy! The flavor was really good. My only complaint was the fact that the egg noodles got so mushy after being in the oven so long. (which I know is expected with a casserole or this type)But I am wondering if I could sub a thicker noodle? Other that that, this recipe was WONDERFUL. Next time I am going to try adding some broccoli just because I think this sauce was MADE for broccoli! Thanks for a great recipe! UPDATE: I made again,Using extra potatoes, cubed ham and no noodles. It came out really good too! Very versatile recipe!! Thanks again!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to pkg instructions.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, carrots, potatoes, celery and sage.
- Set aside.
- In saucepan, melt butter; add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk, slowly.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheddar cheese, stir until smooth.
- Mix with the chicken mixture; stir in drained noodles.
- Place in greased 3 qt casserole.
- Bake at 375* for 50 minutes.