Recipe by Marie
Love one pan meals! Less clean up. This is a delicious cacciatore recipe using chicken breasts that are baked in a tomato wine sauce over rice and topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Top Review by HEP MEP
I'm really surprised that I'm the first to try this. It's easy to make, VERY delicious, and the cooking time is right on. I made only one small change and used fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in some olive oil with a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Definitely a keeper! Thanks.
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread rice in bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of the parsley and all remaining ingredients except chicken and cheeses.
- Pour over rice.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Bake covered at 350° degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on remaining parsley just before serving.