Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a Chili's Bar and Grill Clone
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow onion (cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot (cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about one 8-ounce package, cut into 1/8-inch slices)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb diced cooked chicken
- Melt margarine in large heavy pot.
- Add vegetables and saute until tender over medium-low heat.
- Slowly sift flour over vegetables and let cook briefly, stirring regularly.
- Do not let flour brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth to vegetable-flour mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add herbs, pepper sauce and parsley and stir well.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice and chicken.
- Bring to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.