Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Converted a chicken and pasta gratin dish into this quick and easy casserole dish using hash browns instead of noodles. It actually may be better than the noodle version! If you are planning ahead of time, you can actually prepare the casserole a day or two beforehand and just bake it when you are ready. I found that this actually makes the flavors blend together and intensifies the flavor of the entire dish!
- 1. In a medium non-stick saucepan, sauté the chicken until cooked through.
- 2. Add 2 cans of condensed mushroom soup and the frozen green peas until the soup is heated through.
- 3. In a 2-½ quart casserole, combine the shredded hash browns and soup mixture from #2.
- 4. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. (You can store in the refrigerator at this point and bake a day or two later.).
- 5. Bake the casserole for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated 400 degree F oven until bubbly.
I made this dish this evening for my family and it was delicious! I highly recommend to everyone to try making it! The potatoes really soak in the mushroom sauce flavor and it is really easy to cook which will be good for entertaining.