Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is something I found in "MealLeaniYumm!" by Norene Gilletz . It's perfect for brownbagging to work or school.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch or 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Drop garlic through feed tube of processor while machine is running.
- Process until minced.
- Cut onions, carrots and chicken in chunks.
- Process in batches in processor until finely minced, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into 12 sprayed or greased muffin cups.
- Smooth the top of each muffin with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until golden.
- These reheat and/or freeze well.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serve with salsa[bottled or homemade].
- Fat Saving Secrets: Substitute 2 pounds lean ground chicken.
- However; if you grind the chicken yourself, you can control and fat content to ensure that no fatty skin is added.
- Turkey can be used instead of chicken to reduce the fat content even more.
- Mini Chicken Muffins: Bake mixture in greased miniature muffin tins for 15 to 18 minutes.
- They're perfect as hors d'oeuvres, or to put in the kids lunch boxes.
Oh my, this is just wonderful! I put in a little parsley for color .. my husband loved this, thanks!!
I made 1/2 batch of these and came out with 12 regular size muffins (batter filled to the top!). I used cooked chicken breast, and I cooked them longer than the recipe and they never got golden but they were done. We didn't care for the taste too much though - too much onion maybe...