1/2 Photos of Chicken Milanese With Baby Spring Greens
This is a moist and flavorful light lunch or dinner recipe. The flavors pop in your mouth with the first bite! It's my adaptation of a recipe I got from Cooking Light May 2010. Hubby requests if frequently, that's how good it is! We sometimes serve Parmesan Orzo on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (5 ounce) package pre-washed baby spring greens mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 dash sugar
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (plain or seasoned)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grill-mates for chicken
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1Combine the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, shallots, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and sugar in mixing cup. Let stand 15-30 minutes while preparing chicken.
- 2Place each chicken breast in between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, and pound until 1/4 inch-1/2 inch thickness, which ever thickness you prefer, using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Set aside.
- 3Combine bread crumbs, Panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Grill-Mates in a shallow bowl. Beat egg and water in another shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl and set up a work station in this order. Flour, egg, and bread crumb mixture.
- 4Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. First dredge each chicken breast first into the flour, then into the egg, and lastly into the bread crumb mixture. Make sure each breast is coated well. Place chicken on a wire rack and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- 5Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, turn and cook 2 minute more, or until browned on both sides.
- 6Place chicken on a clean wire rack, put in to a 200* preheated oven for 5-10 minutes to rest.
- 7While chicken is resting in the oven, add the remaining 1 TBLS olive oil to the shallot- vinegar mixture. Whisk until blended.
- 8Place salad greens in a large serving bowl, pour dressing mixture over top and toss gently with tongs, until salad is completely coated with dressing.
- 9Divide salad mixture between 2 plates, top with chicken breasts, and garnish with lemon, tomato, and pear wedges.
- 11Note: This may sound a bit labor intensive, it's really not, and it's definitely worth it in the end result. Please try this as is at least once, I'm sure you wont be disappointed!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Milanese With Baby Spring Greens
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.3
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.2 mg
- Sodium 1000.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 51.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
white wine vinegar