roja khan's Note:
Serve with roti.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 bay leaves
- 350 g skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard greens (kasoori methi)
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1Clean, skin, wash and cut chicken into medium sized pieces.
- 2Heat up oil in a pan.
- 3Mix in whole garam masala and bay leaves.
- 4Stir fry until cardamoms starts to crackle.
- 5Mix in cut onions and stir fry until translucent and soft.
- 6Make sure to stir continuously.
- 7Mix in cut ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cut green chillies.
- 8Stir fry for a minute.
- 9Mix in chicken pieces and beaten yogurt and stir fry on a high flame heat up for 7-8 minutes.
- 10Mix in kasoori methi, garam masala powder, cut fresh coriander, salt and three fourths cup of water.
- 11Cover the pot and stir fry on a low heat up for ten minutes.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Methi
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g