Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve with roti.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 bay leaves
- 350 g skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard greens (kasoori methi)
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- Clean, skin, wash and cut chicken into medium sized pieces.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Mix in whole garam masala and bay leaves.
- Stir fry until cardamoms starts to crackle.
- Mix in cut onions and stir fry until translucent and soft.
- Make sure to stir continuously.
- Mix in cut ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cut green chillies.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Mix in chicken pieces and beaten yogurt and stir fry on a high flame heat up for 7-8 minutes.
- Mix in kasoori methi, garam masala powder, cut fresh coriander, salt and three fourths cup of water.
- Cover the pot and stir fry on a low heat up for ten minutes.
- Serve hot.