Charishma's Methi Aloo Ki Sabzi
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I came up with this recipe this morning and we cooked it for lunch. It turned out fabulous. I am still, hours later, reminiscing the fantastic taste of this dish. Try it and you will like it too. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4 cups fenugreek leaves, cleaned, washed and chopped finely (methi)
- 2 potatoes, washed, peeled, cubed and boiled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- water, as is required to make gravy
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon basil oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (saunf)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 onions, out of which three should be stir fried and two should be used for paste
- 1 inch piece ginger, chopped
For the masala paste
- hing, to taste
- tomatoes, three numbers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare a paste of the ingredients listed under 'Masala paste' and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Once hot, toss in mustard and cumin seeds. Allow to crackle. Fold in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and green cardamoms. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and chopped ginger. Stir fry until browned and the raw smell is gone.
- Once they stop crackling, add the prepared masala paste and stir well.
- Cook till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and boiled potatoes.
- Mix well, then fold in salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly and allow to cook, uncovered, till the fenugreek leaves are tender and well cooked.
- Serve hot with rotis and/or white Basmati rice and yoghurt/raita on the side.
- We enjoyed this with roasted pappadams.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION