Malai Methi Paneer(Delicious Indian Cottage Cheese Curry)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Isn't the name enough to tell you how yummy this is going to be?! Mmmmm! This is the winning recipe of the week Jan 1-7'04 that was posted by Rita Choudhary in the Thursday magazine. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Bon Appetite!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cottage cheese, cut into thick cubes (paneer)
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon whole red chile, coarsely ground
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves, crumbled between your palms (kasoori methi)
- 4 tablespoons fresh tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream (You may use low-fat plain yogurt as a substitute if your watching your calorie intake)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped (to garnish)
- Take a microwaveable glass bowl and toss in the onion, ginger and garlic in it.
- Microwave it on HIGH power level for 2 minutes.
- Add the coarsely ground cumin, whole red chilli, corriander seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and kasoori methi.
- Microwave it on HIGH power level for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato puree, capsicum and 1/4 cup of water.
- Microwave on HIGH power level for 2 minutes.
- Add the cottage cheese cubes, cream, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup of water.
- Mix it very gently so as to not let the cottage cheese cubes break.
- Microwave on HIGH power level for 1 minute.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis (chappatis) or naan or white Basmati rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION