Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
From On Demand: A romantic dinner for a romantic evening! Very easy to make - Try to cut the medallions small and pound them thin to make cooking time even shorter. TIP: Put the "show side" down first to grill
Top Review by AlexaP
This. Was. Awesome! And so easy to make!! I did substitute chicken stock for the sherry, but other than that I followed the recipe to a "T". I can't wait to make this again! Thank you for posting!
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into thin 3-inch medallions)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (to bread as needed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet sherry
- 1 cup prepared beef gravy (use mix or your favorite recipe)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and dust with flour. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the half butter in a large skillet on medium-high until it stops bubbling.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 1 minute on each side until light golden.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Without cleaning the pan (unless you prefer to do so, but not cleaning will add extra flavor to sauce) add the remaining butter, and heat on medium-high until it stops bubbling.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Sauté until the water released from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Remove pan from fire.
- Add half of the sherry, return to fire and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the gravy, and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the skillet along with the remaining sherry and the chives.
- Cook for about 3 minutes to heat through and serve.