Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve this herby chicken loaf either hot or cold with steamed vegetables or a crisp salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups ground chicken (1lb)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic and cook over a low heat, stirring often, until just softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add the onion mixture and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- Transfer to a 81/4in x 4 1/2in loaf pan, packing the mixture down firmly.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold in slices.
I have been making this for a couple of years. I replace the pine nuts with almonds. Absolutely delicious. I used basil instead of oregano once by mistake and it was still yummy. It makes great sandwiches
This is the best and easiest food ever! Whether you are in a rush or need an elegant dinner, This is just popped in the oven and you can do anything while it cooks! The kids love it! Great with green beans or potatoes and garlic. Serve hot, that is the best way. I have never eaten anything soo good!!