Wonderful soup recipe that I chipped out of a magazine. This is such a tasty soup that I often serve. Serve with rye bread and you're set to go. This soup can also be frozen--what a bonus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks or 1 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups carrots
- 1 1/2 cups celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 piece gingerroot (about 1-inch)
- 2 cups egg noodles
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- 1In a bowl beat egg. Mix in bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix in ground chicken. With damp hands, shape into 1-inch balls. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet at 350°F for 15 minutes turning once. Let drain on paper towels.
- 2Meanwhile in Dutch oven heat oil (medium high).
- 3Cook leeks and garlic about 3 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add stock and vegetables, dill and gingerroot and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in noodles and meatballs and cook 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 7Remove gingerroot. Taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish each serving with dill (before serving).
- 8Soup can be cooled and frozen in airtight containers up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Meatball and Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 532.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: