Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This rich, delicious dish will leave you and your sweetie feeling very satisfied. It'll be on the table in no time so it's useful for a quick weeknight meal. I designed this for 2 but you can easily double or even triple this for a larger group. Serve over rice, pasta or biscuits.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and heat together with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, fillet chicken breasts so they are thinner and dredge in the flour seasoned to your taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Saute chicken in hot butter/oil until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per side.
- Add cream, wine, dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste and crabmeat. Simmer 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
- If serving over biscuits, remove the chicken from the pan after browning and dice into chunks then return to pan and proceed with the rest as written.
This was good, but I guess I just don't like creamy sauces like that.I went all the way used King Crab leg meat that I "extracted" myself (wasn't easy). The crab got somewhat lost in all the cream. Also I was a little bit confused, because my dish looked nothing like the picture, since the directions didn't mention whether I was supposed to remove the chicken before making the sauce, or not. Overall a good meal but I think when it comes to crab, I'll just stick to steamed with butter or a crab cocktail. I have the same thing with lobster. I tried the Thermidor" style and decided to make it just steamed from then on. Thank you for helping me to get to know my palate a little bit better, I'm sure there are many people out there who will love this dish.
Chicken Maryland...man, oh, man!!! (Orgasmic). Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
I almost always serve dishes like this over brown rice, but this time took your 'suggestion' & used buttermilk biscuits for A VERY, VERY TASTY MEAL! Not something I'd want to serve every week, but I'm happy to keep the recipe around for those times when . . . ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED THE CHICKEN/CRAB COMBO! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]