1/2 Photos of Chicken Marsala Without the Mess!
I love Chicken Marsala but my stove is a disaster after sauteeing the chicken. In addition, the regular recipe is incredibly high in fat. So I developed this recipe which is extremely tasty but without all the mess! I like to use chicken "tenders", which are the tenderloin of the chicken breast, but if you can't find them, feel free to use a thin-sliced chicken breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup marsala (dry, not sweet. Sometimes I use half white wine)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Start by making marsala sauce. Heat butter in saute pan; add mushrooms, garlic and shallot. Saute 5 minutes until mushrooms are done.
- 2Stir marsala into mushrooms and stir up any browned bits; simmer and reduce marsala by half.
- 3Separately, whisk cornstarch into a bit of the chicken broth until smooth; add remaining chicken broth. Pour this into reduced marsala and bring to boil; simmer 2-3 minutes to thicken sauce. Turn off heat and cover pan.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat grill to high heat.
- 5Toss raw chicken tenders with olive oil, salt and pepper (Note: if you are using regular size chicken breasts, cut them in half to make two long portions). Place chicken on hot grill and cook only 1-2 minutes each side.
- 6Place grilled chicken into marsala-mushroom sauce. Allow to simmer several minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- 7**If you are making this meal for company, feel free to make ahead to this point. Then right before serving time, reheat it while you cook the pasta.
- 8Serve chicken over cooked pasta; garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marsala Without the Mess!
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 42.1 g