Recipe by Wileysmom
I saw a recipe for chicken marbella in the New York Times magazine. It looked good so I looked for a lower fat version on the internet. I didn't use as much brown sugar as called for and I reduced the olive oil to a tsp. or two, to reduce fat. I used green olive without pimentos. Serve with coucous or rice.
Top Review by Vino p.o. prn
This has such a nice medley of flavors!! I marinated the chicken for 3 hours in the wine, broth, sugar, vinegar, olives, garlic, oil and oregano then basically followed recipe as written. I added a little more broth before placing in oven because we like a lot of sauce and I thickened the sauce with a cornstarch slurry at the end. My chicken was done after only 20 minutes. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prune, chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup green olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (205 C).
- In a sauce pan, combine wine, broth, prunes, brown sugar, vinegar, olives, garlic, oil and oregano.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt an pepper.
- Place chicken breast in a large shallow baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Turn to coat.
- Scatter capers over the top.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center 30 to 35 minutes.