I saw a recipe for chicken marbella in the New York Times magazine. It looked good so I looked for a lower fat version on the internet. I didn't use as much brown sugar as called for and I reduced the olive oil to a tsp. or two, to reduce fat. I used green olive without pimentos. Serve with coucous or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pitted prune, chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1Preheat oven to 400F (205 C).
- 2In a sauce pan, combine wine, broth, prunes, brown sugar, vinegar, olives, garlic, oil and oregano.
- 3Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer gently uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt an pepper.
- 6Place chicken breast in a large shallow baking dish.
- 7Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- 8Turn to coat.
- 9Scatter capers over the top.
- 10Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center 30 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Marbella
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 546.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g