Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't usually like liver, but this is an excellent pate. You can sub turkey liver for some of the chicken livers if you like. Source: Epicurious
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cognac, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons well-chilled heavy cream
- crackers or toast
- Thinly slice onion.
- In a small saucepan combine onion, chicken livers, broth, and allspice and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, or until chicken livers are cooked through.
- Drain liver mixture in a sieve and in a food processor or food mill purée with butter, Cognac, and salt until smooth.
- To facilitate cooling, transfer pâté to a plate and spread.
- Chill pâté in freezer, its surface covered with plastic wrap, 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk cream until it holds stiff peaks and fold in pâté.
- Transfer pâté to a ramekin and chill in freezer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Serve pâté with crackers or toasts.