Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
We enjoy this different, creamy lasagna from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. With it's lighter ingredients, it makes a lovely and healthy meal. I like to serve it with fresh, steamed broccoli - my DD's favorite green veggie.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces reduced-fat American cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream-style fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms; cook until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, American cheese, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread a fourth of the mushroom sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with three noodles, half of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, chicken and mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.