Hollandaise sauce and asparagus tips makes this a deeeeeeeeelish way to use up left over chicken or turkey. I have taken this dish to the school pot luck dinners with rave reviews.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (50 g) package hollandaise sauce mix, prepare acorrding to pkg directions
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can asparagus tips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Saute mushrooms and onion until soft.
- Spread a small amount of hollandaise sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Place a layer of noodles on top cover with 1/2 cooked chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with 1/2 mushoroom and onion mixture then 1/2 remaining hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 basil and oregano top with 1/2 mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place all of the asparagus tips neatly in a layer.
- Dont use fresh or frozen asparagus.
- Repeat step 3, 4, 5 ending with cheese.
- Cook uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- If using a favorite hollandaise sauce and not a pakaged product you can use 1 1/2 cup.