Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hollandaise sauce and asparagus tips makes this a deeeeeeeeelish way to use up left over chicken or turkey. I have taken this dish to the school pot luck dinners with rave reviews.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (50 g) package hollandaise sauce mix, prepare acorrding to pkg directions
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can asparagus tips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Saute mushrooms and onion until soft.
- Spread a small amount of hollandaise sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Place a layer of noodles on top cover with 1/2 cooked chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with 1/2 mushoroom and onion mixture then 1/2 remaining hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 basil and oregano top with 1/2 mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place all of the asparagus tips neatly in a layer.
- Dont use fresh or frozen asparagus.
- Repeat step 3, 4, 5 ending with cheese.
- Cook uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- If using a favorite hollandaise sauce and not a pakaged product you can use 1 1/2 cup.
The flavor was good, but this lasagna did not hold together at all. I think it could use twice as much hollandaise as called for. Will tweek this some if I make it again.
I have to agree with Nick's Mom that garlic may be needed and the asparagus certainly adds a different flavour as it was a bit bland and overall was liked by us all. I had to sub spring onion/scallions for the onion but otherwise followed the recipe. I used a white sauce with cheese added (those egg yolks in a hollandaise were a no no). Also I feel this only makes 6 serves and in step 4 the word remaining should be deleted as the remaining sauce would be used in step 8. Thank you calee. Made for 123 Hit Wonders 2007.
Calee, I decided to make your recipe after I had decided on a lasagna with beef/spinach. I browned the hamb/pork mixture and then followed the rest of the recipe. I LOVED the hollandaise sauce and it sure saved some steps. I did use two packages since I wanted a lot of sauce. This turned out delicious and I could really taste the oregano and basil. I will definitely make this again with the chicken (I always am looking for ways to use up my leftovers). Roxygirl