Chicken Kiev is a dish consisting of a boneless chicken breast wrapped around a piece of herbed/seasoned butter, breaded and deep fried
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine the butter/margarine, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Blend all together and refrigerate.
- 2Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound well to flatten. Remove paper and season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Remove seasoned butter from refrigerator and divide it into 6 portions.
- 4Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short ends of the breasts into the center, then fold in the sides. Secure each breast with a wooden toothpick.
- 5Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Coat each rolled breast with bread crumbs, dip into egg/water mixture, then into bread crumbs again, coating well. Chill breasts for one hour.
- 6In a deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kiev
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3014.7
- Calories from Fat 2806
- Total Fat 311.8 g
- Saturated Fat 48.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 484.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.3 g