Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken Kiev is a dish consisting of a boneless chicken breast wrapped around a piece of herbed/seasoned butter, breaded and deep fried
- In a small bowl, combine the butter/margarine, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Blend all together and refrigerate.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound well to flatten. Remove paper and season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove seasoned butter from refrigerator and divide it into 6 portions.
- Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short ends of the breasts into the center, then fold in the sides. Secure each breast with a wooden toothpick.
- Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Coat each rolled breast with bread crumbs, dip into egg/water mixture, then into bread crumbs again, coating well. Chill breasts for one hour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling and serve.